When matched with a variable speed indoor unit from Trane, the XL20i has another special feature. It’s a method of enhancing airflow that we call Comfort-R™ and it gives you greater humidity control in cooling. This is accomplished by running the fan at a slower speed during start-up. Comfort-R™ also provides warmer air during heating start-up. These managed cycles reduce temperature variances for the optimum in home comfort.
The XL20i’s SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating of up to 20.00 is among the highest energy efficiency rating of any air conditioners available today. The XL20i has two compressors: one for milder weather and a second larger compressor for those extremely hot days. It’s like having two units in one.
ComfortLink II Communicating Capability:
ComfortLink II communicating technology (available when matched with communicating indoor units) connects all of your key components so your system automatically charges, configures and calibrates for optimal performance and efficiency through the lifetime of your products. When the optional Telephone Access Module (TAM) is added, you can conveniently adjust settings and receive system updates wherever you are by phone.
Increased efficiency may substantially lower your home cooling costs.
Multi-stage fan motor adjusts speed to quietly provide maximum comfort.
Every Trane air conditioner is packed with high-quality components. Each helps ensure that time after time, your unit will provide total comfort your family can rely on. The XL20i includes:
- ComfortLink™ II communicating capability
- Charge Assist™ for enhanced performance and efficiency
- Dual Climatuff® compressors
- Two-row Spine Fin™ coil
- Two-Stage Cooling
- Multi-stage Fan
- R410A Refrigerant
- Full-side louvered panels
- WeatherGuard™ top protects components
- Weather-resistant WeatherGuard™ fasteners
- DuraTuff™ rust proof base pan
- Quick-Sess cabinet with full coil protection
- Sound insulator on compressors
Trane XL20i Registered Limited Warranty Details
- 12 Year limited warranty on compressor
- 10 Year limited warranty on outdoor coil
- 10 Year limited warranty on internal functional parts