How Do I Buy And Maintain An HRV?
Adding an HRV to your home ensures your family will benefit from the best air quality. Before you buy an HRV be sure to talk to your heating and cooling professional. The following are a few tips to help you get the best results from your HRV purchase:
• Have your contractor utilize a sizing guide to right size your HRV
• Your HRV needs to be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your home, and localized ventilation areas such as bathrooms need to be incorporated into your system
• Ask if the HRV you’re purchasing has a separate “summer” core for use in the summer months. This core allows the transfer of your home’s cool air conditioned air into the hot incoming air and also shifts the incoming humidity into the outgoing air. This permits cooling season ventilation without loading the air conditioning system
• Ask how upgraded controls will give you the best performance
• User friendly electronic controls provide easy operation
• Filters should be washed with mild soapy water, rinsed, and replaced every 6 months
• Filters will last several years before you need to purchase new ones
• Clean or unblock outside hoods and screens every 12 months
• Clean the winter core, summer core, condensate drain, and pans every 6 months
• Have your contractor check your system annually and verify that it’s properly balanced
Call a dealer now to get an estimate!
(For GTA and surrounding Areas)
Article Source: TML supply