HVAC MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
You wouldn’t drive your car 100,000 miles without changing the oil. The same logic holds true for your home comfort system. Regular HVAC preventative maintenance is the best way to ensure trouble-free operation and peak performance. Pre-season maintenance is also important. It can help to avoid a system failure in severe hot or cold weather when you need it most, and it can also keep your energy bill from getting out of control. Pre-season maintenance includes:
- Inspect overall condition of Furnace & AC.
- Prevent basement flooding, check the drain hoses and make sure they are not blocked.
- Check there is no water leaking to the furnace and the evaporate coil is not blocked.
- Clean burners and set for proper ignition and combustion.
- Lubricate the motors and blowers for proper functioning when applicable.
- Check operation of safety controls and examine pilot safety.
- Inspect the combustion and ventilation air.
- Replace standard 1″ filter.
- Clean motors and other moving parts to maximize efficiency, and much more.
WHEN SHOULD I DO FURNACE AND AIR CONDITIONER MAINTENANCE?
The old adage is true: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Have a HVAC professional to do a pre-season maintenance to keep your system in the pink and your home in constant comfort.
- For a system that heats and cools: perform maintenance in the spring and fall
- For cooling system maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year, before the cooling season
- For furnace maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year, before the heating season.
We also provide maintenance and protection plan for your home comfort product at an affordable price. Please click here for more details or call us at 416-900-5577.
Source: Trane and HSI Website